The new Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S sets yet another milestone in terms of sportiness in the high performance luxury saloon segment of the automotive market. Conceived and developed as “a real driving machine in the guise of a luxury saloon”, the Quattroporte Sport GT S is the ultimate expression of Maserati’s sportiness in the Quattroporte range.
The technical changes to the new Quattroporte Sport GT S in respect to the Quattroporte S concern four areas:
* the mapping of the V8 4.7 litre engine, with power increased to 323kW;
* the gearshift management software, with new features designed to increase driving enjoyment;
* the front and rear suspension system featuring single-rate dampers, stiffer springs and lower ride height;
* the sports exhaust controlled by pneumatic valves for a deep, throaty and captivating sound.
The sportier and more aggressive look is also evident due to the interior and exterior stylistic choices:
* the new black grille with concave vertical fins featuring the Trident logo with red accents, typical of the sportier versions of Maserati models;
* the new headlights, in metallic titanium finish;
* the side and rear “shadow line”, which includes black finishing around the doors, body-coloured door handles and black twin oval exhaust pipes;
* the new M-design seats with perforated Alcantara® and leather upholstery;
* the standard trim in Titantex, a “titanium coloured” composite material.
The new Quattroporte Sport GTS will be unveiled at the 2009 NAIAS in Detroit. The Maserati press conference will take place on the Maserati stand at 9:40am on January 12th, 2009.