General Motors announced today that it will offer a Satisfaction Guarantee to eligible buyers of new Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles. The guarantee allows customers to return their vehicle to their dealer between 31 and 60 days of purchase and receive a refund of the purchase price for the vehicle.
The announcement is part of a larger “May the Best Car Win” marketing campaign that demonstrates GM’s confidence in its vehicles when compared head-to-head with the most competitive vehicles in each vehicle segment.
The new Satisfaction Guarantee bolsters GM’s existing industry-leading consumer coverage, which includes a transferrable100,000-mile/five-year (whichever comes first) limited powertrain warranty, roadside assistance and courtesy transportation.
“We think if consumers give us a fair chance and look at the facts on the things that matter most to them, like design, fuel economy, warranty and safety, our vehicles are the best choices – that’s what makes an offer like this possible,” said Bob Lutz, GM vice chairman, Marketing and Communications. “The Cadillac SRX and CTS Wagon, the Buick LaCrosse, the Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain, for instance, are all outstanding new products. This new marketing effort should help us communicate these facts to consumers.
“We know that we’ll need to work very hard to get people’s attention and encourage them to give Chevy, Buick, Cadillac and GMC a try. We think the ‘May the Best Car Win’ campaign and the Satisfaction Guarantee offer should help re-instill confidence in the excellence of our products. We’re putting our money down that if people buy one of our vehicles and don’t absolutely love it, we’ll take it back. We will stand behind them both in the short-term and over the long haul,” Lutz said.
Details of GM’s new Satisfaction Guarantee:
- Offer covers 2009 and 2010 Model Year Chevys, Buicks, GMCs and Cadillacs (except medium duty trucks)
- Customers (one per household) can return their vehicle between 31 and 60 days with less than 4,000 miles
- Customers will be informed in writing before they buy the vehicle of the terms of the Satisfaction Guarantee
- Customers must take delivery by Nov. 30
- The Satisfaction Guarantee covers the vehicle purchase price and sales tax, but not other add-ons like accessories, negative equity on a trade-in or other fees; other restrictions apply
- Leased vehicles are not included
- More details are available beginning Sunday, Sept. 13